From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia/Blogger Ref http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Universal_Debating_Project
|Look up proportionality in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Proportionality (mathematics), the relationship of two variables whose ratio is constant
- Proportionality (law), A legal principle under municipal law in which the punishment of a certain crime should be in proportion to the severity of the crime itself, and under international law an important consideration when assessing the military necessity of an attack on a military objective
- Proportionality (political maxim), A maxim which states that any layer of government should not take any action that exceeds that which is necessary to achieve the objective of government
|Look up proportion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- The ratio of one quantity to another, especially of a part compared to a whole (see also fraction). In another mathematical context, a proportion is the statement of equality between two ratios.
- Proportion (architecture) describes the relationships between elements of a design
- Body proportions, in art, are the study of relation of human body parts to each other and the whole
- Proportions, or geometric aspect ratio
- Proportional division means that a resource is divided among partners such that each partner receives a part worth for him at least of the whole.
- Proportionally fair - a compromise-based scheduling algorithm, based upon maintaining a balance between two competing interests: Trying to maximize total throughput while allowing all users at least a minimal level of service.
- A proportional control system is a type of linear feedback control system
- Proportional representation in electoral systems
- Proportional fonts
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Proportionality.|
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.